My beautiful wife Janet wrote this encouraging note for today. So many of us live in defeat. Satan knows if he can steal our joy, he wins.
But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and
the prisoners were listening to them.
Do you have someone in your life that seems to continuously rob you of your joy? Sometimes we have people in our lives that just irk us enough that we can start out having a great day and they come along with just the perfect thing to say or do to destroy everything! Now, did you realize that it is your choice as to whether or not you allow it to ruin your day or not? You don’t have to allow those things that are said or done rob you of a good day!
Paul and Silas were beaten and put in stocks and they chose to praise God and pray! They had a choice on how to react to what they were going through; they could have sat there grumbling and feeling sorry for themselves because they were thrown in prison for serving God or they could pray and sing!
Let me ask you this Ladies, when is the last time that allowing things going on around you to ruin your day has helped you in any way? I know it has never helped me! In fact it is just the opposite, once I have allowed something stupid to ruin my day everything just seems to go down hill from there.
So, I would encourage you today; when you realize that you are starting to get down because of someone else or you are noticing that someone else’s behavior is consuming your energy, to stop and choose to give them to God. We can’t change someone else, we can’t make them more positive or kind, but we can choose to look at them and consider the source and give them to God to work on. Don’t let it ruin your day and hinder the things you could accomplish today! Give them to God and get your focus back to what you are called to do, don’t allow Satan to have the victory over you as well.
“Adversity causes some people to break; others to break records.” – William A Ward
- Wally Show Talks With We Are Messengers - March 30, 2017
- Taking Care of One of Our Own - March 25, 2017
- Why Do We Raise Money? - March 16, 2017
- Why You Need A Fundraising Coach! - March 16, 2017
- Why using listener stories won’t raise money - March 16, 2017
- I Hate Asking For Money - March 16, 2017
- HOW TO KEEP IT FRESH ON AIR DURING FUNDRAISING - March 16, 2017
- Top 10 Signs You Are At CMB - September 2, 2016
- Why You Need A Fundraising Coach - July 11, 2016
- Why You Need A Fundraising Coach - June 6, 2016