If you have read my latest book “The Day Satan Called” then you’ll remember me sharing that my wife and I had friends over who agreed to cleanse our home. To be honest, up to that point I had never heard of cleansing your home. This is going to be a very basic explanation of when, why and how to kind of a post.
- What does it mean to cleanse your home? Cleansing your home is a way to get rid of any evil spirits that might be causing problems in your home. For some this kind of problem might come in the form of actually seeing demons, hearing them, being struck by them, doors opening and closing and even the since of no peace but heaviness in your home. No doubt there are different levels of spiritual activity that can attack your home.
- Why Cleanse Your Home? As a believer you have the authority to stop any kind of demonic activity in your home. Things don’t have to go bump in the night. You don’t have to live with a spirit of heaviness or anything in between what I just mentioned. You cleanse your home to command anything demonic to leave. This is your right. Luke 10:19, “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.” 2 Corinthians 10:14, “For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.”
- How to Cleanse Your Home? Again, until I had my house invaded by demons which I share about in my book, I never knew how to cleanse my home. Up to this point I didn’t know that I needed to do that. When my doors started opening and closing at night, it became very unnerving. Lights started turning on and off, something began hitting me in the dark and finally we saw something walking down our hall way and both my wife and I knew it was a demon. To cleanse your home, take some oil (any kind, cooking oil etc…) and begin to anoint the doors and windows in each room. Janet and I put a cross at the top of each window and door as we walk through our home. Why oil? Oil is a symbol of the blood of Jesus and we know that Satan is defeated by the blood of the Lamb. There is no magic prayer but this is what we usually pray as we walk through every room in our home. “In Jesus name, I command Satan and anything evil to leave this room. I bind you in Jesus name, take authority over you in Jesus name and command you to leave this room and house. Holy Spirit I welcome you to fill this room with your peace and love. Lord, I thank you for the victory. In Jesus name, amen.” Exodus 40:9, “Then you shall take the anointing oil and anoint the tabernacle and all that is in it, and consecrate it and all it’s furniture, so that it may become holy. Remember Isaiah 54:17, “No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall confuse every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.”
- Close Open Doors. Ask the Holy Spirit to share with you what open doors you might have that would allow Satan to come into your home. Example, view porn, rebellion, addictions, secret sins, satanic movies and even objects. Janet and I travel to other countries and we are careful not to bring back items that might have connection with other gods. A good verse to go wit that is Deuteronomy 7:25-26, “The carved images of their gods you shall burn with fire. You shall not covet the silver or the gold that is on them or take it for yourselves, lest you be ensnared by it, for it is an abomination to the Lord your God. And you shall not bring an abominable thing into your house and become devoted to destruction like it. You shall utterly detest and abhor it, for it is devoted to destruction.” I came home from one trip and had stones with spirit names on them without realizing it. Needless to say I considered that open doors and it ended up in the garbage. Satan will look for any open door in order to cause your home problems. Simply pray and ask the Lord if there are open doors. I’ll never forget when my home was haunted and we couldn’t get the demons to leave. I was confused as to why things continued to torment us. Finally when I saw a demon in my home and asked the spirit why it was in my home and it said, “I’m an invited guest into this home.” Wow, not what I was expecting to hear. Long story short, I found occult items under the bed of the witch that I was trying to rescue. She was staying in our guest bedroom and left some of her stuff when she moved out. Those objects gave Satan the right to stay in my home. Once I destroyed the items the demons left for good. Do not under estimate the power of open doors. Keep in mind Satan is waiting to destroy your family. John 10:10, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” One of the open doors could be playing with things from the occult like a Ouija board, reading your signs, seeing what the paper has to say about your future, palm reading etc… The Bible is clear this is wrong, Leviticus 20:6, ““If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.”
Let me close with this. Hosea 4:6, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me. And since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.” It’s up to us to learn about how to battle Satan and the demons that are attacking our homes. We don’t need to focus on Satan and demons, our focus is on God, however, we need to know how to win the battle in Jesus name.
2 Timothy 1:7, “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” You don’t have to live in fear. Peace is something that God gives to all of us. It’s time to take authority over Satan and receive the peace that God has for you.
I would really encourage you to read my book, “The Day Satan Called” to receive a great perspective on what spiritual warfare can look like. Here is a recent review on the book.
“I bought this on a whim; I usually research and read reviews before I purchase a new book. By far this is the most educational (and yet terrifying) book I’ve read on the subject of Satan and his demons. It opened my eyes to all the evil that exsists around us in every day life and has made me much more aware of the choices I make. And through this book I’ve tried to educate others…it’s a great ‘witnessing’ and teaching tool. However, it’s sad that most churches and pastors don’t preach/teach on this subject and if they do, it’s hardly ever in depth enough. I would highly recommend this book and would also like to see it as a Bible study.”
Janet and I are finishing a “4 Week Small Group Bible Study” that will be coming out in January. This will be a free Bible study to go with my latest book and it’s FREE for anyone who would like it. It’s our gift to you.
Please share today’s blog, many need to be encouraged in this area. I welcome your comments and thoughts. The below video is an account of what happened to our home. It’s worth watching.
- Why Do We Raise Money? - March 16, 2017
- Why You Need A Fundraising Coach! - March 16, 2017
- Why using listener stories won’t raise money - March 16, 2017
- I Hate Asking For Money - March 16, 2017
- HOW TO KEEP IT FRESH ON AIR DURING FUNDRAISING - March 16, 2017
- Top 10 Signs You Are At CMB - September 2, 2016
- Why You Need A Fundraising Coach - July 11, 2016
- Why You Need A Fundraising Coach - June 6, 2016
- The Journey Is Ready To Race With New Car - June 1, 2016
- What A Great JOY FM Video - May 26, 2016